Re: Boot stopping at using partition 3 id 0

Idem, no pb on most installs, but only Ranish Partition Manager
saved me after i lost many hours on a Dell Poweredge 1300. Sometimes
"Using Partition 3 id 0", sometimes "Bad Magic". Thanks Ranish.
Seems that Dell'Bios was the problem.

On 2 Oct 2001, at 12:25, Henning Brauer wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 05:32:42PM +0100, Stephen Marley wrote:
> > kjell_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org [mailto:kjell_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org] writes
> > >  EVERY install? That sounds a little bit like driver error.
> > Yep, I've never installed OpenBSD on i386 when this was not an issue. It was
> > a problem on an old ISA only 486 circa 1994 and it's been a problem on a new
> > Dell Poweredge 1300 and 1400s which leads me to believe it's more openbsd's
> > problem than the bios's.
>
> In contrast, I _never_ had this problem, and I did a _lot_ of installs.
> Dell, Compaq & Co are known for a bit weird BIOSes..
>
> --
> * Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de    *
> * BS Web Services, Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
> Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
> (Dennis Ritchie)

- --
Alfred Nobel School 		Physics teacher
Créteil                         Sysadmin
France