How to Handle Network Access?

              Dear List,
                        I have always used dial-up access to the
internet, but have the opportunity of access to a 10Mbit/sec internet
link behind an application proxy server with its own firewall rules.
                        I think it uses DHCP ---- I intend to use
dhclient(8) described in FAQ 6.4, is this right? Also I believe I
should let their firewall do all the work and not use my own, is this
sensible? Finally I know nothing about network cards, could anyone
recommend a card suitable for this service on a SIS-620 board?
                          Thanks for any help,
                                  John Duncan

Visit your host, monkey.org