Re: sparc station 5

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 12:57:53PM -0700, Michael Wahle wrote:
> I currently have OpenBSD running on a Sparc 2
> and a Sparc 5.  The first thing I noticed was
> the speed of loading OpenBSD ~with~ all of the
> packages from the cd offered.  I think it took
> like 30 minutes on each system to get loaded
> and running.
[...]

'cause I've recently installed 2.9 on an IPX, an LX and an SS2, using
ftp, NFS and hard drive install - and all three of them took *ages* -
we're talking > 2 hours here. All three boxes had between 32MB
and 64MB memory and drives in the region of 1-2GB. I remember that
this was mentioned either on this list or on sparc@, but I don't
remember a solution for the problem.

Cheerio,

Thomas