Re: OT: Re: ReiserFS support

On Sun, 2001-09-30 at 05:23, Uwe Ohse wrote:
> it slows down over time. I've also heard more than one report from
> people using indices that these get slow over time, too. The only
> way to fix both issues is re-creating the file system. This is not
> exactly what i need.

Hmm..never heard of that problem.
Indices probably makes more sense on a desktop than a servet anyway.

> And it surely isn't portable.

No, but you could create something similar, like the atheos filesystem.

> Besides, where's the source?

Probably locked in some vault at Palm. Or maybe JLG keeps it under his
bed.
There's been rumours about OSS'ing BeOS but so far it's just that:
rumours.

Cheers
Lars

Visit your host, monkey.org