Re: ReiserFS support

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, Fredrik Henbjork wrote:

> Michael Shalayeff <mickey_(_at_)_lucifier_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
> > re
> > how about you take linux stuff off this list to some other,
> > more appropriate, place.
> > adding 3 lines at the end do not add to this any more on-topic-ness.
>
> I thought this was a discussion about ReiserFS and journalling
> filesystems in general, and if it would be a good idea to try
> to port any of them to OpenBSD.

This discussion didn't include any details that developers could use for
file system development.  I think the OpenBSD developers know the general
benefits of journalling filesystems which is all I've seen in this
discussion.  And specifically if ReiserFS can't make it as the default
filesystem on Linux why on earth would other OSes port it?

Greg