[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PowerPC start-up and shutdown of openBSD
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: PowerPC start-up and shutdown of openBSD
- From: Colin Comollatti <col_(_at_)_quoll_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:21:28 +1000
1. Can not get openBSD to automatically start at boot up.
2. Can not get openBSD to shutdown properly.
1. When the computer starts depending on the following attempts the
system will hang or go into open firmware.
2. When I use "shutdown -h now" the system shuts down ok, UNTIL when
it goes to turn the computer off. It stops at the same white screen
as open firmware with "> exit". I am not able to do any thing once
this has happened but turn the computer off at the wall.
Gone into PowerPC open firmware and changed the following settings
setenv boot-device ultra0:,ofwboot /bsd
setenv boot-device hd:,ofwboot /bsd
Both of these seem to do nothing.
setenv auto-boot? false
This would cause the system to boot as far as open firmware.
Typing "boot" at the prompt loads and runs openBSD.
setenv auto-boot? true
This would cause the system to hang with a gray screen.
Macintosh PowerPC G4
20G Hard Drive
1M dos partition
I have been using Yellow Dog Linux and was trialing out openBSD for
Thank you for your time
Phone: +61 7 4921 2964
Fax: +61 7 4921 2964
Visit your host, monkey.org