[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: serial mouse with X
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: serial mouse with X
- From: Jean-Baptiste Marchand <jbm_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:28:21 +0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Farzad Bakhtiar <farzadb_(_at_)_home_(_dot_)_com> écrivait (wrote) :
> Driver "mouse"
> Option "protocol" "auto"
> Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
Use /dev/cua00 instead of /dev/mouse
> tip seems to be waiting
> for input or output but as I move the mouse I get nothing. Is it supposed to
> generate characters by simple moving the mouse? Am I supposed to type
> something else once I start tip to test the mouse? Or is it telling me
> exactly what I need to know? That there is no response from Com 1 or my
> serial mouse?
No, that's normal that you don't get any character when moving your
mouse. A serial mouse needs some initialization of the UART to start sending
Real Unix Books are written with Troff
(W. Richard Stevens)