[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: US Congress already discussing bans on strong crypto (fwd)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: US Congress already discussing bans on strong crypto (fwd)
- From: Han <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:02:13 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Luke Bakken (luke_bakken_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com) wrote:
>> What can the US government do? Attack Afghanistan, Lybia, Syria,
>> Iraq and every ugly-looking Arab country until they are satisfied?
>> How many MILLIONS of terrorists would that create?
> well, the UN is already "attacking" Iraq with it's sanctions that
> were supposedly put in place to drive out Hussein, but have instead
> resulted in the starvation of thousands of children. I wouldn't
> doubt that that was the real intent of the sanctions - to weaken the
> populace of Iraq permanently.
Do you know what they did to Germany after the unconditional surrender
after WW-I. They had to pay 22 billion gold marks. Thats is something
like 2200 billion dollars today. Just to make sure they couldn't build
up an army. Boy did that help.