[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dumb Question
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Dumb Question
- From: Han <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:04:54 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Richard Ibbotson (richard_(_at_)_sheflug_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk) wrote:
Well that is a pretty dumb question ;)
[snip: looking for cd device]
> is there a command that will allow me to search for drives ?
Eh no. But there is a list in /dev/MAKEDEV
> I've done 'ls /dev' and a large pile of text falls down the screen
> so that I can't read most of it.
ls /dev | grep cd
For the scrolling: ctrl-q and ctrl-s
Anyway the question is not dumb. And if you are still wondering how to
ask a question in an interesting way. Eric Raymond has written a nice
article about how to ask questions.