[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ps(1) exposes enviroment
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ps(1) exposes enviroment
- From: Wojciech Scigala <vvk_(_at_)_arkanet_(_dot_)_trzepak_(_dot_)_pl>
- Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:24:37 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 09:39:30AM +0200, Sebastian Stark wrote:
> > enviroment is often used by
> > applications to hold passwords or other sensitive data, and so it
> Hu!? What applications? I believe this is really bad.
Postgresql, for example, allows user to put his password into
PGPASSWORD variable, so it doesn't need to be typed each time users
Fidonet: 2:484/47 `--------o--------'
Visit your host, monkey.org