Re: Digital camera: device recognised, can't access

On 2001-09-07 at 21:47 -0700, Josha Bronson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 10:42:51PM +0200, Phil Pennock said:
> > The camera is an HP618, with USB; I've set it to "USB Disk Drive" in the
> > display menus and turned the dial to 'PC'; I've rebooted the computer
> > with the camera attached.  dmesg shows:
> [snippity-snip...]
>
> Out of curiousity, have you tried using gphoto? Not sure about the
> current USB camera support as mine is serial, but it is worth a look.

I did look; camera is explicitly unsupported, since it offers USB umass
support.

I'm wondering if umass has seen a lot of testing?  It seems like the
kind of thing for which there aren't many things available which it can
be tested with.  Or has someone here successfully used it?  If so, for
what, and what access modes did dmesg report for that?
--
P: One of these days I'll learn what a software 'design' is.
R: It's what you do when you can't be bothered to write any code but still