Re: Getting around DJB's licence...

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 08:21:07PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
> So you can't redistribute a modified version - so what.  This should only
> be a hindrence to distributing binary ONLY ports distributions.  I haven't
> read anything, anywhere, yet, that says you can't ship it as src tarball
> and patches.  The only difference is when you install the port you have
> to do some work: unextract tarball, apply patches and compile.  Worst
> comes to worst, the install for qmail would have a rather length setup
> shell script action.
>
> Darren

It may not be an issue for too long. All that is required is for someone to
create software that solves the same problems as the DJB software. I belive
there is a qmail clone under the GPL and I am looking at a tinydns replacement.

--

There is no doubt we need government in our lives. There is also no doubt
that we need salt in our diet. Watch out for too much of either one.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net