[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: simplifying user maintenance
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: simplifying user maintenance
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 16:59:37 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 03:50:11PM +0200, Richy V. wrote:
> Under Unix, I have the adduser script, to create & configure QMail accounts,
> add them to some MySQL database for PHP-based intranet CMS and more.
> Is there a way to ease things and to reduce user maintenance tasks to a
LDAP is a good answer here. Well implemented you LDAP directory becomes your
authentication backend, works very well. For qmail, have a look at
qmail-ldap, http://www.lifewithqmail.org/ldap/; for apache there are various
mod_ldap's around - I like the one by John Morrisee (sp?) best, and for FTP
i prefer pureftpd. But that's just _my_ preference.
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org