[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Serial Console on 2.9?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Serial Console on 2.9?
- From: Lars Hansson <lars-openbsd-misc_(_at_)_unet_(_dot_)_net_(_dot_)_ph>
- Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 17:00:54 +0800
- Mail-followup-to: Lars Hansson <lars-openbsd-misc_(_at_)_unet_(_dot_)_net_(_dot_)_ph>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
I'm having a hard time getting serial consoles to work on 2.9.
I set up the serial port in /etc/ttys by changing "unknown" to vt100 and "off" to "on". This has worked like a charm on my 2.8 boxes but on 2.9 it simply doesnt work.
When I connect (using TeraTerm) I can press "Enter" and the cursor will move down across the screen but no output is shown. I'm using the same terminal settings as i did with 2.8 (9600,8,none,1,none).
Did something change between 2.8 and 2.9 or am I being even more stupid than usual?
Does wscons have anything to do with it?
I really need to have serial consoles to work...
Visit your host, monkey.org