kernel compile problem ( it may be very stupid :-)

I've made a cvs update from the -current kernel sources last night and now my kernel compiling stops at linking:

ld -z -Ttext E0100000 -e start -x -o bsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
deflate.o: Undefined symbol `_inflateInit2' referenced from text segment
deflate.o: Undefined symbol `_deflateInit2' referenced from text segment
deflate.o: Undefined symbol `_inflate' referenced from text segment
deflate.o: Undefined symbol `_deflate' referenced from text segment
deflate.o: Undefined symbol `_inflateEnd' referenced from text segment
deflate.o: Undefined symbol `_deflateEnd' referenced from text segment
deflate.o: Undefined symbol `_inflateEnd' referenced from text segment
deflate.o: Undefined symbol `_deflateEnd' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Could anyone point me the right direction? I know that its probably a well known issue, but i'm unable to search the list archieves right now.