Uh oh, not an ALTQ thread again...

With all the back and forth discussion of dummynet or ALTQ and how they're fundamentally different, I see that you guys are posting ALTQ. In /pub/OpenBSD/src/sys I found a directory named altq. So does that mean I need to be tracking current to get it ? Or can I just download that source directory and recompile ? I tried to install the tarball from the main site of ALTQ and their 2.9 patch failed... so can anyone steer me in the right direction to getting ALTQ installed on a 2.9 machine ?