[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: DeSovietizing OBSD's core install.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: DeSovietizing OBSD's core install.
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:36:35 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 04:50:11AM +0200, Han wrote:
> > Why don't you instead just submit "deletions scripts" that people
> > can run after a base install?
> Sounds like a decent solution. Like Wim said follow the makefiles and
> see what is made for each package. Do you, or anybody else, have any
> other useful suggestions for good willing amateurs like me?
For a solution with changed makefiles check out strippedOpenBSD,
This is intentionally meant as a specialized version for people as paranoid
as me installing servers, not a general purpose OS. And take care, the
installer doesn't ask stupid questions like "should I take the whole disk" -
who want's anything besides OpenBSD on the same server?
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org