[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Proposal. Register exchangable programms in basesystem as ports.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Proposal. Register exchangable programms in basesystem as ports.
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:56:23 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 08:42:56PM +0200, Han wrote:
> I would like it if exchangeble programms in the basesystem were
> registered just like a port/package. Meaning if I don't want to use
> sendmail I can simply remove it with:
> pkg_delete sendmail-x.y
> And install the postfix port for example, which is a completely usable
> alternative to sendmail.
forget it. Search the misc@ archives for endless discussions and reasons.
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org