[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: powergraph c33 on XFree86
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: powergraph c33 on XFree86
- From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu_(_dot_)_herrb_(_at_)_wanadoo_(_dot_)_fr>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:33:21 +0200
- Reply-to: matthieu_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Nathan Langford wrote (in a message from Tuesday 21)
> My svga card is not working for X. xf86config says it is unsupported and
> it will try a generic vga card which does not work. Is it possible that
> it will work on a
> generic svga card? (does it exist?) The card is a powergraph c33 with
> 1M memory. On xf86config I choose "Paradise/WD 90CXX" which I think is
> the same thing. startx reports screens found but not usable; I think
> because its an svga card...
What type of card is it ISA, VLB, PCI, AGP ?
Which version(s) of Xfree86 did you try ?
Did you try SuperProbe or scanpci if it's a PCI/AGP card ?
What is the X server output when you try configuring the pvga1 driver
for Paradice/WD 90cxx ?
PS: For the 10000th time on this list, how can you expect some useful
answer if you don't provide enough information ?