bsd.port.mk problems

I just performed a cvs update on 2.9 and now I can't make any of the ports. I get the following error:

"/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1414: missing `in' in for
cipher value in ${PROBLEMS}
"/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1414: Missing dependency operat
or
"/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1418: Need an operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

Somebody else reported the problem on the tech list. The recommended solution was to upgrade the make utility as described in the minifaq. I'm wondering about that since I do have a clean install of 2.9 and didn't see any patches to stable for it.

Should I checkout the stable source and build the make utility or is it a bug that will be fixed in several hours?
Claus

Reference to tech list:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&th=6e27c0d0fe46ae52,2&seekm=fa.f3rlbsv.k3i001%40ifi.uio.no#p