Re: Tricky quota question

> > 2) Modify OpenBSD's quota code to recognize a quota.directory
> > directive, which specifies hard/soft limits and gracetime for a
> > directory. This is actually kinda nasty to think about.
>
> yeah, but better than a thousand per-application-quota implementations,
> isn't it?

I'm not convinced that it is. It depends on whether you want your OS,
which has minimal if any concern with virtual users (in its design, at
least) to provide services for various virtualized apps. I'd actually
prefer to see some sort of libvirtual used by applications to allow
them to control their own resource use, while simplifying development.

Then again, with system authentication modules that can authenticate
against a mysql table, it could be argued that I'm hopelessly
backwards in my thinking ;)

jeff