[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ppp with a Siemens cell-phone
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ppp with a Siemens cell-phone
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:16:12 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 02:27:38PM +0200, Felix Kronlage wrote:
> did anyone successfully run ppp over a serial-connection
> with a Siemens cell-phone? (s25 or s35)
yes, s35i. The only important piece here is the port speed, it is fixed to
19200 bit/s. Excerpt from my ppp.conf:
set device /dev/tty00
set speed 19200
Works like a charm.
No special settings needed otherwise.
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.