Re: anyone really happy with KDE2?

Since I have never played with KDE on anything but OpenBSD, I can't
say how it compares to running on Debian, but I would imagine that it
ought to be the same on the two platforms.

The word "clunky", although amusing doesn't really tell anyone what is
going on here.  Can you be more specific in your thoughts, such that
the folks who did the port/package might have something better to
work with?

As regards kmail, I don't think you looked hard enough.  Googling about
I found http://devel-home.kde.org/~kmail/, which included a message
on 8/15 which indicates that Kmail 1.3 is included with KDE 2.2, so I
would expect to find Kmail in 2.1 as well.  That says to me that you
didn't install everything, or something went wrong.

Perhaps you should back KDE out of your system and try again.

--STeve Andre'