[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Update Apache to 1.3.20 on Stable OpenBSD2.9
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Update Apache to 1.3.20 on Stable OpenBSD2.9
- From: Dave Watson <dave_(_at_)_elephantride_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:56:23 -0700
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
--Morten Liebach <morten_(_at_)_hotpost_(_dot_)_dk> [010816 22:08]:
> On 16, Aug, 2001 at 06:47:12PM -0400, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
> > Apache is part of the base OpenBSD, so there is no port branch for Apache
> > anymore.
> > I tried the CVS stable patch, that give me all the patch on the 2.9, great,
> > but I am still with the Apache 1.3.19.
> Apache 1.3.20 only fixed some problems on Windows, nothing of importance
> for Unix, AFAIR, so why bother upgrading?
There have been quite a lot of improvements and changes made,
including security and reliability fixes. Just look at the changes
made between 2.8 and 2.9;
And that's not including the changes between 2.7 and 2.8. There have
also been quite a few performance improving changes made (dirprefs,
You might want to consider it.
Visit your host, monkey.org