[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: upgrading tar
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: upgrading tar
- From: Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_schutzenberger_(_dot_)_liafa_(_dot_)_jussieu_(_dot_)_fr>
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:52:23 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: Marc_(_dot_)_Espie_(_at_)_liafa_(_dot_)_jussieu_(_dot_)_fr
On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 02:19:57PM -0400, Ken Weingold wrote:
> It seems that the problem with installing ports on 2.7 is that the
> version of tar does not support -I, which the ports are using for the
No, this is the only visible issue for you now, but it is definitely not
the only issue.
Sorry, use a 2.7 ports tree with 2.7. If you want to use a more recent
ports tree, update to 2.9.
pkg_*, gcc, tar, ld, make are some of the pieces I can think off-hand that
will prevent a current ports tree to work correctly on a 2.7 system.
Visit your host, monkey.org