Re: HTML compliance

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 10:13:45AM -0400, Steve Shockley wrote:
> > P.S. I've actually seen sites that say (paraphrasing) "must be viewed
> > with internet explorer 5 or above on windows with a fast dsl connection
> You forgot about 1280x1024 resolution with java, vbscript and cookies
> enabled.

IMHO, it shows indolence on the part of the coder.
A simple .js can route those to that content,
and redirect those to more text-mode friendly content.

But some content IS best viewed that way. There are some neat
Unix shite (like Cult3d), but for visually stunning, WildTangent's
content rocks. And it's more than a DirectX wrapper.
I've seen whole games (like the JurassicParkIII site) that does
make the IE argument compelling.

now if they could just do something like that for a *Nix browser
(maybe using java, xml, and SDL)