Strange tail -f problem...

control-c is misbehaving n my freshly isntalled 2.9 firewall.
In fact, control-c usually does nothing.
If i do "tail -f <any file>" i can not use control-c to stop. control-d does nothing either.
control-z works though, leaving me to manually kill the tail process.
The same behaviour happens with "patch" (yes, with no arguments), "wc" etc.
Control-c does nothing, except printing "^C".
It does, however, work on the serial console but my 2.8's are also set up with serial console's and they dont have this problem.

--
Lars Hansson                  Technical Consultant/System Administrator
UNET, Inc.                    Makati City, Philippines

Visit your host, monkey.org