[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Looooong reboot on Sparc
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Looooong reboot on Sparc
- From: Chris Moules <chris_(_dot_)_moules_(_at_)_kyros_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:26:34 +0100
- Cc: Kit Halsted <kit_(_at_)_kithalsted_(_dot_)_com>
- Organization: Kyros Solutions Ltd
Check the 'diag-switch?' setting in the Open Boot setup if it is set to
'true' then it is doing a full system diagnostic on each boot. That puts a
LONG wait time on to the bootup.
> Including shutdown time, my Sparc 5/110 takes about 45 seconds.
> At 10:36 PM 8/8/2001 -0400, Kit Halsted wrote:
> >I just wrote a long email to the list about assorted problems with my
> >SPARCstation 4, but I thought I'd ask if it was a known issue before I
> >send the long version: does reboot take forever on a 110MHz Sparc?
Kyros Solutions Ltd
~passionate about helping people use technology effectively~
Visit your host, monkey.org