[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Big performance problem with OpenBSD and Apache (fwd)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Big performance problem with OpenBSD and Apache (fwd)
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:17:03 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 08:03:48PM -0400, Tony Lambiris wrote:
> I was under the impression that linux modules operate _slower_ because
> they arent part of the 'native' kernel, per se.
That's true if you compare a custom kernel against a linux kernel w/ only
the needed modules loaded.
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.