problems with pppoes

I am trying to get pppoe up and running.  I have copied the ppp.conf
file from http://real.ath.cx/BSDinstall.html  (changed network
interface, username,
and password to mine though)
I am using the ppp/pppoe packages from a default 2.9 install

when I run ppp -ddial pppoe i get:
warning: Bad label in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf (line 2) missing colon
warning: Bad label in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf (line 3) missing colon
warning: Bad label in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf (line 4) missing colon
working in ddial mode
warning: No available tunnel devices found device not configured

If I do an ifconfig -a i see tun0 & tun1 being up, however they are
showing the default values... What am I missing?
--
Scott Stefanoski
Internet System Administrator

Visit your host, monkey.org