Re: URGENT - Kernel Won't Load

> Could this be a bad sector on the HDD!?

Hmmm...entirely possible. Can I fsck a drive that's
already mounted (since I can't really boot into single
user mode and say fsck -p / && mount /)? If not, what
would be the best way to fsck the drive?

> Otherwise I would have suggested setting the BIOS
> values for your HDD
> manually and disabling LBA mode for that drive!

I suppose those'd be the values straight off the drive
itself...?

BTW, lending credence to the idea of the issue being
that the kernel is out past 8 GB, the drive is over
half full, and it's 20 GB; that practically guarantees
it's past 8 GB.

Alex
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/