From: George Shaffer [mailto:gshaffer_(_at_)_erols_(_dot_)_com]
Sent: 02 August 2001 15:30
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: RE: Do any networking problems in current explain this?

Shriman Gurung <sg_(_at_)_dataconnection_(_dot_)_com> said:

> Sounds like your mygate is not right - disagrees with
> what netstat tells us?  hence no DNS, hence problems?
>
> also, your hosts file seems munged - no spaces after IPs?

Yes the e-mail was a mess.  As I have no communication with the
system all output was written down and retyped.  Netstat default
was a typo.  route output and mygate did agree.  Netstat should
have agreed with route.  After all mygate is the source for the
default route.

I spent a lot of time formating the email to get proper allignment of
the command output and listed files.  I did this in courier.  As most
e-mails now dipslay in proprotional fonts, the result was a mess
even in my own outgoing copies folder.  Hosts is not munged, just
the e-mail.  Where I used tabs instead of spaces, some just
disappeared.

If anyone has any other suggestions they would be appreciated
real soon.  I am about to reinstall the system from the official 2.9
CD and build current via CVS but this is a lot of work, losing
everything already done among other things, with no assurance of
success.

Discussion of any known networking issues in current would be
much appreciated.  Paticularly things that cause "route show" to
be *very* slow or releated to dc* network cards in general or
NetGear FA310TX cards in particular.

George Shaffer
GeodSoft, LLC
http://GeodSoft.com