Re: bind and all that other dns stuff

At 20:29 02/08/01, Noah Aboussafy wrote:
I'm asking this for Chris Cameron of chris_(_at_)_upnix_(_dot_)_com

Why is windowsnt/2k DNS so much easier than it is with bind and what have you. It seems that with such a good community that we would have some one make a nice front end for it. with windows you basically install it and it knows what you want to do.

i'm not defending windows as a good server but it also seems to have fewer security holes

I would recommend that, before using BIND, you visit http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html and http://lifewithdjbdns.org/.

--
All the best (Adéu-siau),
Lou Hevly