2.9 console F-keys work, can't type

Hmm, I would report this to bugs if I new how to get
more info on the problem I am having.

A user created a high load by spawning many apache
process. Shortly after the 2.9-dist server froze . I
went down to see what the problem was but I couldn't
log on to the machine, and no errors were printed to
the console. I could change vt's with the F-keys, but
that is all the machine would do. I didn't have
console ddb enabled so what could I do but reset?

This problem happened to me before on my 2.8 machine I
believe, when my mistake I had tcp wrappers
incorrectly configured.

Should a BSD machine freeze like this when load
becomes an issue?

Thanks in advance.

=====
   Rob J. Foster - Senior Software Developer @ www.EffectiveSite.com
         PGP RSA1024 Fingerprint:  548B02B27D1DEEFC 8EED2C61D3ED9573
                   http://www.effectivesite.com/staff/senior/foster/
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/