GENERIC kernel

I am attempting to locate the "GENERIC" kernel example
file in 2.9 to make recommended modifications as
outlined in the Wiley book "Building Linux and OpenBSD
Firewalls" (the book is based on 2.5). I have
successfully installed from CD distribution, I
performed a complete search (find) by walking the
entire distribution tree, then I tried decompressing
and searching src.tar.gz with no luck. I do not want
to revert back to an earlier version. I know that I am
missing something simple. Thanks in advance for your
help.

Robert
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Visit your host, monkey.org