[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Opera 5 on OpenBSD
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Opera 5 on OpenBSD
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:28:21 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
Lars Hansson <lars_(_at_)_unet_(_dot_)_net_(_dot_)_ph> wrote:
> Has anyone had any success in getting Opera to run with the linux emulation?
I have, as ports/www/opera might imply. In fact, I'm using it right
now to check the daily news in parallel to writing this.
> I get the Opera license acceptance dialog and a *very* brief glimpse of
> the main window before it dumps core.
> This is on a OpenBSd 2.8 machine
Ah. There were improvements to the Linux compatibility layer between
2.8 and 2.9. I very much suspect 2.8 simply isn't up to it.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de