Re: Bit OT: IMAP server

> Using Cyrus IMAP is a bad idea if you ever want to switch to a
> different server in the future since the mail store is in a non
> standard format.

Errr... excuse me?  You say this, but you go on to recommend
Courier-IMAP?  Cyrus is *more* flexible than Courier-IMAP in dealing
with MTAs (so if he decides to "switch to a different server" in the
future he has more options), and neither of them - nor UW-IMAP - deal
well with changing the IMAP server software without some duress.  So
actually, allow me to say: "Using Courier-IMAP is a bad idea if you
ever want to switch to a different server in the future."

Further, neither is in line with the original question - "an IMAP server
that supports mbox."  We both agree that, if one can get rid of mbox,
one should - but if you're doing that, why would you switch to the
maildir format over Cyrus?  Cyrus offers significant scalability
enhancements over the maildir format, which is the reason for leaving
mbox in the first place.  As an example, how do you set per-mailbox
quotas in mailldir?

Cyrus may not fit your needs, but that hardly calls for
fear-mongering.
--
 Matthew Weigel
 Research Systems Programmer