Re: Telnetd vunerability in OpenBSD 2.x

On 20 Jul  Dr. Evil wrote:

> Does anyone still use telnet for anything?  I would almost say there
> is no point in even including telnetd on the system.  That is barely
> any excuse for ever using it these days.

People don't need to have an excuse for using a tool other than `it
works'. If your security policy is such that it inhibits people from
working the way they want/need to, your security policy is as bad as any
security problem.

It's easy to lose sight of what the purpose of security policies and
mechanisms are, and to descend into the pit of fear-mongering and
paranoia. Don't do that.

--
Chris