Re: "Custom" cvs $Id$ tag?

> OpenBSD sources seem to use a cvs tag $OpenBSD$ as though it were
> actually $Id$.  How is this accomplished?  Are you using a hacked
> version of cvs?

There are modifications in the version of cvs in OpenBSD's source tree
that are not in the stock cvs distribution.  These were ported over from
FreeBSD or NetBSD, I can't remember which at the moment.

Anyway, to use a custom tag, edit CVSROOT/config and add a line like:

   tag=Whatever

This will make $Whatever$ be expanded as if it were $Id$.

Visit your host, monkey.org