[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Kmem_map panics again
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Kmem_map panics again
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:01:36 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 06:54:34PM -0700, Matt Mohebbi wrote:
> After following Henning Brauer's suggestion of increasing MAX_KMAP and
> MAX_KMAPENT I am still getting the same kernel panics (out of space
> in kmem_map). I have tried doubling the values he suggested and while the
> the frequency of the panics has decreased, it still is happening every 2
> days or so.
Well, if the kernel complies about "out of space in KMEM_MAP" it still seems
I'd really appreciate if someone could explain this KMEM_MAP magic. I don't
understand 100% what this is for. I'd also appreciate if someone could
explain the comment about limiting MAX_KMAPENT to 1000.
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org