How to configure a GUS-PNP ?

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my Gravis UltraSound PnP, without success, on a OpenBSD
2.9 box.

Here are the messages during boot about this card:
* isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: read port 0x203
* "UltraSound Plug & Play, GRV0000, , Synth & Codec" at isapnp0 port
   0x220/16,0x320/8,0x32c/4 irq 11 drq 5,7 not configured
* "UltraSound Plug & Play, GRV0011, , Disabled Device" at isapnp0 not
   configured
* "UltraSound Plug & Play, PNPB02F, , Game Port" at isapnp0 port 0x201/1
   not configured
* "UltraSound Plug & Play, GRV0003, , SB Compatible A" at isapnp0 port
   0x388/2 irq 5 drq 1 not configured
* "UltraSound Plug & Play, GRV0004, , MPU-401 GM Musi" at isapnp0 port
   0x330/2 not configured

And here are the lines I used on my kernel config file (concerning the gus):

isapnp0 at isa?
gus* at isapnp?
audio*  at gus?

I used those lines in /sys/dev/isa/pnpdevs (following the recommendations of
isapnp(4) ):

gus     GRV0000 # Advanced Gravis InterWave Audio
gus     GRV0003 # Advanced Gravis InterWave Audio

But, without success.

In fact, I noticed that the file /sys/dev/isa/pnpdevs.h didn't change during a
kernel compilation.
So, I used those 2 lines, still without suscces:

    { {"GRV0000"}, {"gus"} },
    { {"GRV0003"}, {"gus"} },

After some searches on google, I found an old pnpdevs file (pnpdevs,v 1.69
1999/04/10) where those 2 lines appear :

	#gus        GRV0000 # Advanced Gravis InterWave Audio
	sb      GRV0003 # UltraSound Plug & Play SB Compatible A

And in the corresponding pnpdevs.h file, there is this line:

    { "GRV0003", "sb" },

So, I used those 2 files and I added those lines in my kernel config file:
	sb* at isapnp?
	audio* at sb?

But, after compil., I've got the following message during boot:
sb0 at isapnp0 "UltraSound Plug & Play, GRV0003, , SB Compatible A" port
0x388/2 irq 5 drq 1: sbmatch failed

Now, I really don't see what to do next.

So, if somebody knows how to make noise whith with <CENSURED> card,  I'll be
very grateful :o))

Thanks for reading my bad english...

--
Nicolas BERNE (mailto:gral_(_at_)_guetali_(_dot_)_fr)
Uptime sur mon OpenBSD 2.9: 3 jours, 0 heure et 55 minutes

Visit your host, monkey.org