Re: Thanks for the tips...

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 03:56:13PM -0400, SethB_(_at_)_ClarkHill_(_dot_)_com wrote:
> Phil Lipski <phil_lipski_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> > But a few days ago someone pointed out the use of the
> > atactl command - so I specificially enabled smart, readahead
> > and writecacheenable.
> This was the first I'd heard of atactl,

yeah, me too. Added the smartstatus calls to /etc/daily ;-))

> so I decided to try it out.
> However, whenever I run it, and no matter what command I issue (even
> "identify"), I always get the same error message:
> atactl: /dev/wd0c: Operation not permitted
> What gives?

You want to be root...

>  If you are not the intended
>  recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
>  distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on,
>  the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited.

Oh hell! will the police catch me now?

These stupid disclaimers are really nonsense, especially on mailing lists.

--
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany               *