Re: Jul 1 i386 snapshot floppy29.fs

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 03:36:25PM -0500, Chris Lewis wrote:
> blockbuster ....  I heavily suspect pf will become a BSD standard
> elsewhere -- the BSDs that still ship ipf will likely find pf preferable

IMHO, one can never have enough packet filtering solutions to fiddle with.

> in features and performance.  As a user of another BSD as well, I
> certainly hope so!  In the meantime, I need to figure out how to use cvs
> to get the -current OpenBSD so I can play with pf.  :-)

pf is already rocking since first July snapshots.  pf related man pages are
included except pf.conf(5).  pf rules are compatible except stuff like
end-of-rule remark and "with" commands.

Just do pfctl -R YourFavoriteRuleFile to check it out.

> So, yes, maybe he's teasing us, but (1) he prefers to code than to talk
> about coding, and (2) I am certain he wants to dump pf on people in a
> form which blows away former ipf users.  Enjoy the show!

I find it a pleasure to read code as a user.