IPNAT performance problem - was poor performance

Hi,

Regarding my performance problem with the firewall and NAT setup, I discovered the problem:

Router-->Bridge-->Public IP = good performance. So the Bridge with firewalling is not the problem

Router-->Bridge-->Hub-->NAT-->Switch-->Private IP = poor network performance

Router-->Bridge-->Hub-->NAT-->Private IP = poor performance

It seams that the box running NAT is the bottleneck. But why? Have I to run special services within NAT like portmap or inetd? I have all those services disabled. Any other hints?

Poor network performance means from 100-600kb/s to 2-7kb/s.

Thanks,

Cyrill