[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OT: what to do with two T1s?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OT: what to do with two T1s?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:11:54 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:56:38AM -0400, Steve Shockley wrote:
> > In theory: no, there are no servers with a higher priority than others,
> > there's ust a list of auth nameservers per domain.
> I had thought the requesting server would just go down the list until it
> found one that worked, starting with the first.
> How does it determine which
> one to use, random?
yes, should be random.
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org