[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Softupdates
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:08:39 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 03:31:20AM -0600, Chris Cameron wrote:
> On an extremely busy server, is it relatively safe to enable
> softupdates? It has yet to crash, but I realize if it were to happen,
> marginally bad things would happen.
On 2.9 and above softupdates are rock-solid.
* Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany *
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org