[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Messing up /etc/group
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Messing up /etc/group
- From: "J.C. Roberts" <unknown_(_at_)_abac_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 04:01:55 -0700
- Organization: None
- Reply-to: unknown_(_at_)_abac_(_dot_)_com
I realize you can and probably should use "usermod -G" to add a user
to a group but I was wondering if doing it by hand using vi on
/etc/group will screw anything up?
I'd like to do simple edits to the group file like the one mentioned
I wanted to make sure it's OK to do this through vi or if there's
something like vipw or visudo for the group file?
Visit your host, monkey.org