Re: 2. 9 Kernel Compilation Problems

Strangely enough, I'm getting new errors on my other (production) box when I try to complie the new kernel there. After once more scrupulously following procedure (with, once again, the sudo exception -- does that matter if I'm already logged in with "su -"?), and using the generic kernel, I'm now getting:

rm -f bsd
ld -z -Ttext E0100000 -e start -x -o bsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames_size' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames_size' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames_size' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames_size' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames_size' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames_size' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames' referenced from text segment
subr_userconf.o: Undefined symbol `_pdevnames_size' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/MYKERNEL (line 596 of Makefile).

I'm a little mystified at this point. That source was freshly CVS'ed not a half-hour ago, so it should be A-OK. Any idea what my problem could be? Might it be a better idea to just buy a CD and go from that source?

Alex

Visit your host, monkey.org