From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Re: 2.9 hangs on boot
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 05:00:39 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 12:01:00AM +0000, Matthew Rechs wrote:
> Built the kernel, it's about 2.6 MB, and burnt it to CD-ROM. Will try
> installing iot when I get home. Hopefully the machine will boot single user
> well enough to mount the CD and install the new kernel.

Well, 2.6 MB isn't bad. My production kernels are about 1.2 MB ;-)) There's
usually lot's of stuff you can uncomment in /usr/src/sys/conf/GENERIC,
especially all the emulations if you don't need them.

-- * Henning Brauer, hostmaster_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de, http://www.bsws.de * * Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany * Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity. (Dennis Ritchie)