Re: E-fucking-nough already (Re: licenses)

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 03:55:54AM -0500, tai wrote:
> 	In which way does it affect you - yes, you who are so tempted to
> tell us yet again why you love OpenBSD but Theo should learn some people
> skills?!

I'm fed up with this rumor of all this coming from the lack of people
skills from Theo. This is not a people skill issue. This is a licence
issue. What Theo did basically, was use plain terms: `Mr. Reed, if you
don't change your licence, IPF is going to get pulled from OpenBSD src.'
This is not a threat, it's a fact. And the reason is that ipf current
licence does not mesh with OpenBSD goals.

So Reed didn't budge (bad PR skills). So IPF got pulled.

As an OpenBSD developer, I back Theo 100% on this case. Not because
he's also OpenBSD or because I like him.

No.

Because he did the right thing.

And it's not a people skill issue.
And I'm pretty sure lots of other developers feel the way I do.